Crispin is Hiring: Technical Services Engineer
Daily Technical Support – Customers and Internal (Non- Travel)
- Provide phone coverage during normal business hours for technical support of all Crispin customers.
- Provide email monitoring and response for customer issues.
- Maintain accurate and up to date ITDB issue tracking and note data pertaining to customer calls and emails.
- This includes creating an issue for any customer call that comes in that requires technical assistance to resolve. Issues are utilized for tracking of customer services for sales purposes as well as tracking open issues for resolution and need to be accurately maintained.
- Provide Crispin system log reviews and reports to customer and development team as needed relating to open / under review issues.
- Maintain customer relations and provide regular status updates relating to open issues until they are resolved.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Crispin applications and drivers as well for operation and system configuration question support.
- Act as Team Lead (daily or weekly) as required and scheduled.
- Review and make assignments for incoming daily customer issues.
- Ensure follow-through of assigned issues and proper documentation (ITDB) has been completed.
- Escalate urgent issues as needed to management for immediate review/ response.
- Provide daily / weekly (as required and scheduled) reports as Team Lead to Management Team for review.
- Participate in After Hours Phone Support rotation – as assigned to schedule.
Interface Device Understanding, Documentation, and Support
- As assigned by management – become familiar with and provide documentation as to 3rd party devices that are interfaced to through Crispin. Maintain documentation and update as needed.
- Reach level of understanding for 3rd party devices as to provide support for both field engineer and respond to potential customer questions relating to the device. (Become expert on device…)
- Based on level of expertise with device, provide Crispin Universities (if needed) as to device functions for internal knowledge base.
QC Assignment support
- Work in lab as assigned to review / QC any new features / products and interfaces.
- Maintain solid understanding of Lab layout and requirements to support QC functions as needed.
- Maintain test notes / documentation and report issues in a timely manner to Development team as needed.
- Review and update ITDB notes as needed when work pertains to open ITDB issues.
- As needed, work in manufacturing area for new builds and shipping receiving job duties.
- Maintain working knowledge of data needed in this area as to provide support when needed.
- This includes how to:
- Check in Shipments
- Build and setup burn in for new servers / systems
- Box and Ship systems as needed (including proper paperwork required)
- Understanding of where spare parts and working tools are located
- Support / Maintain manufacturing clean working environment
Remote Project Support (Non-Travel)
- Support of any assigned remote projects (mapper rules, configuration changes, etc.)
- Document any related items for project and notify management, business department and sales upon customer sign off / completion of project.
- Sales Demo Support as needed per request.
On-Site Project Support (Travel required – must be certified by Management)
- On-site travel for commissioning and training of Crispin products.
- Install / debug / document all aspects of on-site project
- Include NOP and COP documentation provided to customer and Crispin as final documentation
- Daily Trip Reports outlining project status and open items.
- Schedule and run end of week Project Cutover call to Director of Technical Services (Joe Walker) with customer
- End of trip documentation to be completed / filed within (2) business days of trip completions. This includes:
- Full and Final Trip Report
- Final As built system drawings
- Gather and upload all final configuration data and mapper rules
- Update any service documentation as needed for product device control and applications
- Final expense report (scanned receipts included)
- Minimum Associates Degree in Technical Field.
- Broadcast experience is a major plus.
- Crispin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Crispin Corporation participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or www.dhs.gov/e-verify
- Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all person hired to work in the United States.