Crispin is a leading provider of automation solutions for television broadcasters and is searching for an outgoing, positive, and driven individual to add to our team. Crispin Corporation is a subsidiary of Sony of America, and we pride ourselves in keeping the small company vibe in a large company world. We value each of our employees and invest in order to create an environment where all employees foresee a long career.
More specifically, Crispin provides technology and services to broadcasters, cable operators, universities, townships, and organizations that require the ability to broadcast video and audio to their target audiences. Visit www.crispincorp.com for more information.
This document outlines the job responsibilities and requirements for the Quality Control Specialist position at Crispin. This position is required to work from the Crispin Raleigh Office. Information outlined below is at a high level and may be adjusted as needed pending review of position on a continual basis.
QC Assignment support
- Work in lab as assigned to review / QC any and all software released from Crispin Development
team. This includes bug fixes, new features / products and interfaces.
- Maintain solid understanding of Lab layout and requirements to support QC functions as
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Where possible, design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs via TestRails and JIRA.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Test applicable Microsoft Update patches in Lab before approving them for install by Customers.
- Review and update Crispin Issue Tracking DB tickets related to any released Bug fixes.
- Maintain records of current software release lifecycle (QC, Beta, Release).
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, tech services and project managers) to identify
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Interface Device Understanding, Documentation, and Support:
- As assigned by management – become familiar with and provide documentation as to 3 rd party
devices that are interfaced to through Crispin Automation products. Maintain documentation
and update as needed.
- Reach level of understanding for 3rd party devices as to provide support for both field
engineering and respond to potential Tech Services questions relating to the device. (Become
expert on device…)
- Based on level of expertise with device, provide Crispin Universities (if needed) as to device
functions for internal knowledge base.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Technical Field
- Experience with JIRA and/or TestRails
- IT experience
- Broadcast experience
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Crispin Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Crispin Corporation participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-
7781 or www.dhs.gov/e-verify
- Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identify and employment eligibility of all person hired
to work in the United States.